Are you puzzled about RSS Feeds? I have been for so long! They just didn’t make any sense to me, and whenever I searched for information about them, I would find myself on sites that expounded on the coding of feeds, validation of feeds, etc. etc. Not my thing.
But I have finally figured out a method that works for me. Here it is:
- For starters, I recommend using Firefox as your web browser. (Just go to the site, and download the latest version of it.)
- Then open the webpage that you want the RSS Feed for.
- Click on “Bookmarks” in the menu bar at the top of the browser. You should see a “Subscribe to this Page” option in the drop down menu if the page has an RSS feed. (Not all pages have RSS feeds.)
- Click on “Subscribe to this Page” from the drop-down menu. (You may get a few choices here. Choose one.) Another dialogue box will open up.
- You don’t have to subscribe. To get the RSS feed, just look at the URL in your browser, and the address there is the feed.
If you want to add the RSS Feed icon to the Firefox address bar, here’s a quick how-to about doing that.
The RSS Feed for your Twitter account is a bit trickier. I have put instructions for that in this post.